Friday, August 29, 2008

Ramen , Pho and Pad-Thai


All of these noodles are the most nostaglic food for me.

Over the last few weeks, I ate, cooked and reheated them every other day. They are not only delicious but long and tasty. I cannot resist them.

It is not helpful to think of the authentic taste of the above dishes which I can find in Thailand. There are a few good D.C. shops that serve a decent Ramen, Pho and Pad-Thai.

Every meal, my focus is to enjoy the noodle moment as the broth, vegetables, meat and long noodles keep me engaged in every bowl. I have developed a special relationship with a Pad-Thai seller at a Chinese restaurant on P Street. I feel more mindful when I order these dishes and try to really taste the hidden ethnic flavor in each bowl. I love the sacred time when I eat Asian dishes. I feel like having a casual dialogue with my high school friends. I love the flavor and the nuances, which are inevitably good.

The chopsticks bring me the flow of soothing food for my stomach and my soul.

I love Ramen, Pho and Pad-Thai

TAN

No comments: