Monday, January 14, 2008

A Chance to Try


My husband read a quote for me that basically says something like "You will never fail if at least you try. " Does this simple statement make you think of any of your previous experiences or current situation?


I immediately stop and take a long, deep breath.


Supposing that all of my initiatives at work fail, at least I can try to initiate things.

If my living abroad experience doesn't work out as well as I want it to be, at least I can try to understand living out of my comfort zone.

If I fail to lose weight, at least I can try to treat myself to a healthy diet.

If I cannot go as far as my dreams want to go, at least I can try to dream.

If I will not accomplish the big goals in life (whatever they are), at least I can try to take care of my small, achievable goal (s).

If I cannot write as beautifully as my heart wants to, at least I can try to keep writing.

If I cannot be a good mom, at least I can try to be a good daughter.

If I fail to do good to others, at least I can try to make an effort to think good thoughts.


If you fail to recognize your values, at least you can try to start thinking about that now.


Thank you everyone who gives me a chance to try.


TAN


No comments: